Friday, May 13, 2011

5x5: Lipstains and Lipsticks

5x5 Clothing
SHI

I decided about three weeks ago that I wanted crazy bright fusia lips. It may or may not have been inspired by a Cosmo article saying that pink is in.  Regardless, I set off with my producer friend Adam King to the local Shoppers Drug Mart to see what they had in store.  
I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for this lipstick mind you. I was looking for something under  $15.  


I've been hearing a lot about lipstains lately so we checked them out.  They look like markers so it's kinda like reliving grade 1 - and it kinda smells like berries because they use berry pigment to make the colour. So after much discussion I purchased Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstain.  It's ok - it doesn't give you those supper glossy lips, which can be good but it doesn't last as long as i would like. The word "stain" made me think it would last, ya know. It's a more natural look and should be combined with a lip gloss


My search for a long lasting colour continued. I've been discussing my situation with some friends and they suggested I try L'Oreal Infallible lipcolour. Luckily it was on sale for under 12 bucks at Shoppers! There was no super fusia/pink colour so I went with a traditional red, well "Beyonce's Red" a part of their celebrity lip colour line, to be more precise. Now this stuff comes in a fancy two part applicator. One side is the colour, which you are supposed to let dry for about two minutes. It dried in less time than that, and some of it on my teeth (gawd).  I could hardly get it off my front chompers. The other side is a moisturizer which gives the lips the traditional lipstick glossy look.  



Still looking for that perfect pink colour.
wish me luck,
Shi Shi xo







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTRsVx37tY&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment